This oldest town in West Virginia is home to fine restaurants, fascinating shops, healthy foods, vivacious drinks, cool gardens, Shepherd University, artists of all types and so much more. It is a welcoming town with a big city mentality. Standing on the street, or a front porch, you could easily hear someone pass while saying “I love this town.”
New Potomac River Community: Lots For Sale
SOLD! Georgeous Listing in Shepherdstown at 112 North Church Street. Here’s the Virtual Tour: Stately Strider House
Link to: Shepherdstown Visitor Center
Link to Chamber Music Concerts in Shepherdstown: Friends of Music
Link to Winery & Brewery Paddling Tours: River & Trail Outfitters
Link to River Riding and Zipline Adventures: River Riders
Every July, the Contemporary American Theater Festival, founded in 1991 at Shepherd University, hosts several of the newest plays in America for one month. Like many Shepherdstown events, CATF brings thousands of visitors from near and far each year.
Inns and Hotels
The Bavarian Inn is a romantic country inn offering European elegance, world class service and fine dining from its scenic location perched on a bluff overlooking the Potomac River.
Restaurants and Bars
- The Press Room is an upscale restaurant serving New American fare with full bar.
- Bistro 112 serves French comfort fare with a full bar and has garden seating.
- The Bavarian Inn is fine dining with German/American fare and a full bar.
- Maria’s Taqueria serves Mexican food that locals love. Their fish tacos are delicious!
- Blue Moon Cafe serves salads, pizza & sandwiches with garden seating available.
- Kazu serves a Thai & Japanese menu, beer & wine in unassuming digs.
- Hecho En Mexico Restaurant has full bar and offers carry 0ut.
- Groovetown Lounge unique cuisine (i.e. quinoa, baba ganoush, smoothies) and art.
- Rumsey Tavern serves American cuisine with sandwiches, entrees and a full bar.
- The Meklenburg Inn serves a bar menu, their burgers are delicious! Don’t miss the garden in warm weather.
- Town Run Brewing Company serves a made from scratch menu and has a full bar.
- Sweet Shop serves breads, desserts, gourmet coffees, soups and sandwiches.
- Green Pineapple serves Bubble Tea, Snow Cream and Asian Fusion Fare.
- The Devonshire Arms Cafe & Pub is an authentic English Cafe & Pub.
- Domestic serves american fare with a creative twist and has a full bar.
- Betty’s serves country-style breakfast, burgers, crab cakes and more.
- Lost Dog Coffee serves coffees, teas and more.
- China Kitchen is a Chinese restaurant and offers carry out.
- Tommy’s Pizza serves pizzas, subs and offers carry out.
- A-Wok serves traditional Chinese food and offers carry out.
- King’s New York Pizza serves pizza as well as many additional menu items.